Tuesday 3 June 2008

Scrapajack Retreat


A few weeks ago (blimey doesn't time wizz by) I went to Stratford-Upon-Avon for the Scrapajack/Homegrown retreat. It was Fab-U-Lous! We stayed in a Macdonald Hotel (nothing to do with Ronald Macdonald ) which was right on the river and although we didn't really venture out of the hotel, we could see it from the Restaurant and it was gorgeous. The food was delish, the company was the best and I met some really, really lovely people. Jaks and Deb did an amazing job organising everything. We had goodie bags, individually printed itineries, sweeties from Claire (hunib our teamie on UKS) raffles, challenges and some eye watering laughs! Everyone was amazing! Oh and Mary (MammyHen on UKS) - what a mad lady she is. I could listen to Mary (which I did) for hours telling her stories. She is just soooo funny!! It's definately the way she tells them and boy did I laugh - can't wait to meet her again. ;)
The classes were excellent too - we made an altered birdhouse/fairyhouse, 3 mini books and 3 pages. There was alot of painting - I've never done so much in my life but I loved every minute. We had a banquet on the Friday evening with Steph from Homegrown Scrapbooks and Audrey Tan - more lovely, lovely ladies! Sandie, Anita, Audrey and I managed stayed up till 3.30am on the Friday scrapping with a few bevvies and nibbles - not that we needed the nibbles as I was sooo stuffed from dinner.
I know I keep saying how wonderful it was but it really was. It came to an end far too quickly for me and I still have a smile when I look at the photos. I don't really want to wish my life away but I can't wait for next year now!
The layout at the top of the page was my entry for the B&W challenge at the retreat. I won a years sub to Scrapbook Magazine! Thanks Debbie and Jakki x

1 comment:

Jak said...

aww youre very welcome. It was great to meet you guys and we're so glad you enjoyed yourself.

Mary is hilarious isnt she, gotta love her.

Again, congrats on your win too, well deserved.

Roll on May LOL

xx