Sunday 21 September 2008

21 again, 21 again!!

It was my birthday yesterday....21 again.. ahem!!



The last three days have been absolutely wonderful - the weather has been fantastic and it makes such a difference. Friday we went to the Southampton Boat Show and 'nearly' bought a brand new boat. It was this one here *swoon* *swoon*
That was our hearts ruling our heads but thankfully our heads saw sense and we just came home with a few glossy catalogues. Here's my husband dreaming of winning the lottery...




So yesterday was my birthday and I had loads of amazing pressies, I'm a very lucky girl! Jake had a friends birthday party to go to so we dropped him off and went over to see my mum & dad and take their dog Diesel for a walk with Charley. It was the first time they'd been for a walk together with Charley off the lead and they both had a fabulous time. Diesel is a very placid dog and I've never known him to bare his teeth at another dog or person - not even Charley who's a damn right pest and Charley never leaves him alone. He's getting better all the time though and from these photos they definately look like friends.


Last night we went out for a lovely meal at Loch Fyne I've always fancied the Seafood platter but never been brave enough to order so as a birthday treat Paul said we could go for it. Look at this!!! And we ate all of it! I wasn't so sure on the crayfish but once I knew which bit I could eat I was ok - it looked pretty menacing though.




And this little fella, well he looked so cute, but I have to say I did devour him and he was de-lic-ious!!!





Today we spent with my MIL & FIL. Had a lovely walk at the woods, sat in a pub garden drinking Pimms, as you do, and then home for party food. The perfect way to end a birthday weekend.



I'm pretty exhausted now so early to bed for me tonight. Catch you all soon - have a great week!





4 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh Jobe

What a lovely weekend you had a great birthday - which is all you deserve. I hope we can have a walk with Charley at some point, Barney would love to have a good play.

Love and hugs

Karen xx

Saxo Stamper said...

Jobe, you should say to Nana Shirl that Diesel needs to go on a diet.....he's a bit over weight isn't he.

K x

Chris said...

Belated birthday wishes Jo... looks like you had a fabulous time, loving all of the photos TFS :) I'm going to be 21 again at my next birthday... and the one after and the one after that... have decided I am fed up with getting old...lol
Shame I can't turn the wrinkles back as well as the clock... ok I haven't got that many but they're growing ;-)
have a great day
Chris xx

Unknown said...

Belated Happy Birthday Jo!!

Hope it was a good one hun...loving the seafood platter! yummy. xxx