Thursday 4 September 2008

Back to school

My Jakey started big school on Tues. He was sooo excited and boy didn't he look grown up. It was raining so the obligatory photos had to be taken in the lounge where there was most light. Look at those ears!!!! lol
He's used to school life as for the past two years he's attended a Montessori school and it was well worth every penny! Considering he's only just turned four, so will be one of the youngest in his class, he already knows his sounds (abc's to us grown ups), can read three letter words and plays a mean 'eye spy'!! This school wasn't our first choice it was our third, in fact it was pretty tough getting into a local school as all the closest ones are out of catchment. Can you believe our catchment school was the furthest one away! And you wouldn't believe this, but last Monday the local council sent Jake a bus pass! Yes a flippin bus pass!!!! OOoo I swore when that arrived cos if they thought I was going to let a 4 year old get on a big bus on his own to travel to school, aaaaaarrrgh!!! I nearly picked the phone up and called someone a few rude names but instead I wrote an abrupt message, stuck it back in the envelope and put 'return to sender' on it. Incompetence makes me so mad!!!!! ................................. and breath :) Ha Ha! OK so I've had my little rant and back to Jakes day, he had a fabulous time. He's loving every minute and walks out of school with a huge grin on his face - bless him. So life will return to normal again, slowly but surely.
I've been very busy lately with 'creative stuff' and there's been quite a few late nights which has caught up on me and I've been feeling pretty rank but that's life - it gets like that at times.

This layout was one I did for the DoCrafts Project of the Week last week. I love the Doodlebug papers especially the Swiss Dot one, that has to be my fave. The photo's are of course my Jakey on his Birthday. It was only July and now look at the weather - it's more like October!
I've got a Stampin'Up Workshop to do next week for Julie so I'm off to create now.



2 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

He does look soooo grown up Jobe ! Glad to hear he's not crying and clinging to the railings like some kids.

He'll grow into his ears

K x

Chris said...

Awww Jo he looks a darling in his uniform doesn't he, so cute but grown up looking too.
Love the layout and the papers are fab :)
hugs
Chris xx