Monday 26 May 2008

My eldest

I've had a really lovely day today. Scott, my eledest and who's almost 18, came over for the day. He lives with his dad now but since moving out, he's grown up (mentally) so much. He's got himself a job working for an Insurance Broker and although he's only been there a month, things are already looking up for him with a possible promotion already. I'm very proud of him for working hard to get this and although things between us have been pretty awful for quite awhile, I can safely say our mother/son relationship is back on the straight and narrow. I enjoyed his company today which we spent down by the sea having a few drinks and this evening we've been out for a Chinese - his first restaurant meal rather than take-away. The food was fabulous and we all had a good laugh. Life is so much more relaxed when we're not shouting and growling at each other - fingers crossed it stays that way.


Last week I ordered the new Becky Fleck Page Maps book from The Book Depository. It arrived yesterday and although I'm not really one for sticking to a sketch, the ideas are a good starting point for me. Anyway the book is really good with some lovely pages for inspiration and design. I also like the recipe cards that can be popped out at the back. They're a good size to have sitting on your desk. Overall I really like this book and at a tenner with free postage, it's a bargain! :)

No comments: