Thursday 17 April 2008

This is ME

Not that good a photo but it was a self-portrait taken in the mirror this aftie. Chopped the top of my head off and looking a bit pasty but you get the gist.

Thankfully I had a good day at the hairdressers and as you can see I'm not actually that different. Shame she couldn't iron out the wrinkles while I was there. I do feel so much better now it's done - being a brunette is really not me and I've tried and tried to stick with my natural colour but it just drains the life out of me. My hair does have a will of it's own and it isn't the easiest to manage or cut. It's VERY thick and since I had Jake it's now curly - yes, curly! Something to do with hormones - the little blighters. Thank god for GHD's is all I can say. I think Laura has managed to get to grips with my hair at long last, even though she mentions those dreaded thinning scissors to me everytime - I don't know why she always ask me, they are evil things, next time I'll probably stab her with them!! Anyway, all round I'm pleased with the cut and as long as you tell her what she needs to do she'll do it. The fringe is nicely done - not like the disaster of last time and she's chopped into the ends of the bob so it's not so blunt. So YIPPEE I'm blonde again and the scowl has disappeard behind the fringe! I'm sure you've also noticed I don't have my glasses on which is very rare these days. I have to wear contacts for hair cutting as the glasses get in the way and I can't see a damn thing without them. Of course I NEED to see what Laura is doing as being at the hairdressers is a white knuckle ride for me, and also becuase I look stupid sitting there with a magazine 3inches away from the end of my nose - I really am that blind! Contacts aren't good for me these days, my eyes dry up real quick especially on windy days and I feel like I want to gauge (mmm..not sure on the spelling of that one) them out. I long for laser eye surgery but never seem to have the money to do it. Anyway I've got used to hiding behind my specs - I sometimes feel a little vulnerable without them.

2 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe,

The general opinion of the sisters is we love it.

I am off to have mine cut this afternoon, Lou and I are trolling through hundreds of photos - not sure I am doing the right thing but I am so fed up with my hair. I will have to have it coloured on Tuesday so won't get the full affect....

K x

Anonymous said...

ooh nice hair!