Saturday 27 October 2007

I've been a bit poorly

I'm into my fifth week of having a cold and I'm pretty fed up to say the least. Thursday was a terrible day as I was so blocked up I couldn't breath so at long last I made an appointment to see the doc. It wasn't my normal doc but a locum and altho she wasn't nasty she was rather blunt. And what is wrong with me? I have a COMMON COLD and there's nothing she can do for me. A common cold? After 5 weeks???? I was not impressed and as it's turned out I've been really poorly since I saw her. I've had a temperature, can't breath, smell or taste anything. When I cough my right lung hurts. I haven't eaten anything, I'm weak, body aches and I've a pounding headache. And that, according to my doc, is a common cold. Can you tell I'm not impressed? I'm just starting to feel a bit more human even if it is late at night and what I think I had was flu. Paul's been unwell with it too and as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to looking after Jake when I'm not well, so I've been plodding along with a very noisy and naughty three year old. Thankfully Paul's mum has been a godsend today and taking him off our hands and having a sleep over so we can recover. I do feel a bit guilty tho as she looks worn out herself. I've slept loads and loads over the last 3 days and now we get an extra hour tonight, I'm not tired. Typical! I don't even feel like doing any scrapping :( The only good side to this illness is..... I've lost 4lbs! Hope I wake tomorrow feeling better for a change. Night night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Jo