Sunday 16 March 2008

A Birthday Present

For my MIL's b'day on Friday we bought her the Creating Memories page frame. I took some photos of it today but they are pretty pants in terms of quality. The light was very bad but you can get the gist. The papers I used were Basic Grey Sultry which is soooo beautiful. I also used loads of the papermania 3D embellishments from DoCrafts which go so well with these papers, and at a very reasonable price too. I'd liken them to K&Co and the quality is just as good. A bargain at £1.99 a pack! Oh and of course the fabulous papermania gem stones - a girl can never have enough bling.






The ensuite is still on going - Loss Adjuster is coming on Wednesday even though everything will have been done by then, but I've taken loads of photos. We flooded overnight again and it was so bad it reached into the garage at 2am this morning. I was not a happy bunny having to clean up the mess this morning. The pump we fitted is doing it's job but just can't cope with the amount of rain. It was going from 7pm last night till 3pm today. That means it's pumped 40k litres of water from our garden in 20hrs - and probably more as it's been cascading out the back gate at a fair rate too. Not quite sure what to do now. Maybe more holes and another pump will do the trick? Please don't rain again tonight!! :(

4 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

Firstly beauitful frame for Sue she must have been totally blown away - it's gorgeous. I would have cried buckets.

Secondly so sorry to hear about the flooding again - poor you - I don't know what to suggest, although I did mention to you before that you can get flood gates to put in front of doors, they are metal and they slide into bits that you screw into your frame, you take it out when you don't need it and put it in when the rain is due - you can see them in the road that goes by the BP garage in the front doors of the little cottages on the right.

Hope it wasn't too much mess

Love K x

Saxo Stamper said...

What did I do before I had your blog to read Jobe. I think it's going to be dry for a few days now so hopefully everything will really dry out - so sorry you have all this hassle ! ! !:(

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Jo and I am sure Sue is going to treasure it for many years.

Sorry to hear about the flooding again - what a nightmare.

Katy said...

Would you like Martha to come and dig a few holes to get rid of a bit of that water???