Monday 10 March 2008

Disaster!

Whilst decorating the downstairs loo the other week, I found a water stain in the ceiling from the ensuite above. On further investigation it appeared some of the grouting in the shower had come out and was obviously letting water in. This morning we had someone have a look at the damage and what was going to be a re-grouting repair has now turned into a full scale demolition!

Yikes! Turns out the seepage had been manifesting for quite awhile and the plasterboard behind the tiles was sodden and has resulted in a VERY bad case of black mould. Could this be the reason I've had a cough for 6months I ask myself?? Anway, no bodgits anymore in this house - it's all come out for re-plastering, re-tiling and re-decorating. Looks like the shower is out of action for a few weeks and I haven't had a bath in years! lol Tomorrow I'm off to the tile shop to choose some new ones but not having had time to think about changing them I'm in a bit of a quandry as to what I want. On the positive side though I was going to re-decorate in there anyway and have bought the new blind and paint ready to go. My colour scheme is going to be.... cream and black - oh so very sophisticated for a mere ensuite. Thankfully I'm not doing the tiling, leaving that to the experts - phew!


Oh and I nearly forgot to mention... we flooded again today. Yep! But we now have the industrial pump installed correctly in the garden, finished on Friday to my relief. It's been pumping since the early hours of this morning to clear the garden at the rate of 2000 litres per hour - and that's alot! The garden didn't clear until 5pm and the water hadn't got into the garage which was my main concern. I think we could be investing in another pump soon to be on the safe side - surely that's got to fix our BIG problem of flooding??

1 comment:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh Dear Jobe, thank goodness you have Steve in the house to sort it out!

Thank goodness the pump is working - Barney and I got a bit wet this morning on the way in but nothing like yesterday! ! !

Have a nice day picking your tiles.

k x