Wednesday 6 February 2008

Happy Birthday Karen!

It was my BFF Birthday yesterday (Tues) and she was....... 21 again! he he! Karen's been enjoying her birthday all weekend and oh what fun we've had. Sat evening I went over and we had a real crafty evening with Linda & Lou, stamping and chatting and ooo'ing and aarrr'ing over all the lovely bits that Linda brought along. It was so much fun - wish we could do it every weekend although I don't think Paul would be happy about that, but hey ho. Then on Monday we all went ice skating at Basingstoke. It was excellent and I only fell over once, honest. I haven't been ice skating since it was at Westover Road so I guess it's been about 35 years. I'd say I'm at the same level as I was then ... which isn't very good but I can get a bit of a speed up and turn corners not too bad. The stupid thing was I fell over whilst stationary, and backwards, eeeek! I do have a sore arm and back today, but that's old age for you. We all really enjoyed ourselves and I know Karen had a fabulous time!

I've know Karen for about 22 years now and she is my bestest friend ever! In all those years she's always been there for me, supported me, advised me, cared for me and understood me through all my ups and downs in life. And believe me there's been a few of those in my time. I don't know what I'd do without you Karen. You are THE BEST! Love ya lots xxx

p.s. A huge hug for Phillip too for fixing the gate x

1 comment:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Jobe

Thank you so much xxx lovely words on the blog and yup you are right we have been through some ups and downs - but the main thing is we made it !

Thanks for sharing my birthday celebrations with me - it was brilliant, really enjoyed the whole thing, still smiling about it all. The crafting and the skating were ace - we have to do it all again.

Thank you so much for everything Jobe, my beautiful complete scrapbook kit, my adorable cuddly bunny, the fluffy socks - gorgeous and my tin of foot treats. I also need to thank you for the sizzlet alphabet - wow - what a lucky girl and for all the paper and embellishments etc you gave me on Saturday.

Truly Jo, I am blessed, there are so many things I have to be grateful for and one of them is you - love ya matey and thank you so much for everything.

With regards to the gate you are most welcome, my Phillip is itching to get round your house and do a few jobs - lets hope it solves the problem and if you want anything else fixed you just ask !

Thanks again matey and take good care.

love and huge hugs

Karen xxxxxxxxx