Friday 22 February 2008

What a fright!

I today experienced just a little of what the parents of the missing 9yr old must be going through. I think I would top myself if anything ever happened to my little boy.

I know I said I wouldn't go to Moors Valley at half term but Jake had such a lovely time last week and I felt I owed it to him to take him out for some fun. Well I knew it was going to be busy but it was more like... jammed packed! I was tripping over the little blighters left right and centre. We went to the play area first and that was riddled with kids but Jake had a fabulous time running and jumping and climbing and doing all the things that kids do. I took loads of great photos and Jake loved it there. We then went onto the playtrail and at the first stop off point I sent him into this pyramid thingy which the kids can climb up into and god knows what else is up there, but anyway I told him where I was which was a metre away from this thing. After about 5 minutes of not seeing him, I thought I'd better start looking. I walked round and round calling his name but I couldn't see him of hear him. It was heaving with kids so no amount of me shouting would of made him hear. After what seemed like 10 mins but was probably about 3 or 4 I started to panic. I felt so sick inside I just didn;t know what to do! Eventually, after continually calling and walking round and round, a lady brought him back to me crying. Blimey did I cry too! She said he'd told her I'd got blonde hair, ermmm it's brown - bless him. I wasn't histerical just relieved but I hated that 5 mins or so which sent me into a blind panic. The rest of the day was lovely but we both made sure we were more aware of where each other was. Perhaps I will give those sort of places a miss in future at half term.

Photo's to follow....

4 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh my goodness me - how awful for you Jo - it must have been the longest few minutes of your life - a big fright for you and Jake.

All's well that ends well - hope you have both got over your upset.

Have a lovely weekend

love and hugs

K x

Unknown said...

I know that feeling only too well - what is only really a moment feels like a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

OMG Jo! Thank God you are both ok.

Anita said...

Oh Jo how horrid ... that must have been dreadful. xxxxxx