Monday 11 February 2008

Studio Calico

It's arrived! My first time this month in receiving the Studio Calico kit from the US - it was the one that I got up at 4.45am to order on the internet. I have to say it was well worth the wait. Scrum Yum!!! I haven't really had a proper chance to look just yet as it's been a busy day with this old decorating mellarky.
As usual nothing quite goes to plan. The door in the downstairs lavvy drags over the flagstones and even though my BFF hubbie kindly offered to fix it, my dearest darling Paul (ahem!) decided that he could do it no probs. Half an hour he told me it would take.........an hour and a half later........ Well anyway it did get done but not in the cleanest and best way. Would you lay a heavy door on your kitchen worktop and use a circular saw to take a few mill off??? MINE WOULD! I was not happy - I had sawdust in my blinking tea tonight! Humph! Last week I'd sent him to B&Q with a list to get all the paint and bits and bobs so I could start today. The caulking he bought was supposed to be white but do you think it was? NO = Brown. So all in all it hasn't been as productive as I would of liked, even though I didn't actually finish tonight until 8.15pm. It's going to be an early start for me tomorrow - he's got his list and should return by 9.30 with the correctly coloured caulking.... or else! He got alot of grovelling to do for Valentines day.

1 comment:

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh my goodness me Jo, good job you love him otherwise you might have been tempted to use the circular saw on him

Can't wait to see your Studio Calico stuff - we must arrange a crafting date.

Congratulations on your decision to become a stamping up demonstrator - good luck, you'll do great, the stuff sells itself.

Good luck with your decorating too UGH !