Friday 4 January 2008

A fab day!

Oh yes!!

After yesterdays grumpiness I thought I'd sod the housework and go shopping. Jake came with me and even though he's three, we've not taken the pushchair in a year. I once lost him in Hobbycraft and although I knew where he was, he couldn't see me. Cried his eyes out, bless him, but in the long run it did him good because he now never lets me out of his sight. I'm fairly safe that he won't get lost. Anway, back to the shopping...

Well the initial plan was to take something back to Laura Ashley but decided to go to Castlepoint (a large shopping centre in Bournemouth) first instead. Jake needed some more clothes so we went to Next (of course!). He does make me laugh. He told me what he liked and I just had to buy it. He did quite well out of me today as we got 3 long sleeved t-shirts, a pair of jeans, a grey hoody (which he loves and had to wear it straight away) and a Fireman Sam/Bob Builder reversable dressing up outfit from M&S. The only thing he didn't choose was the jeans! I didn't buy anything for myself as nothing fitted -boo hoo. In M&S I tried a top on which looked hideous on me and Jake said "it looks alright mummy". Bless he is such a little darling. In my moment of misery I said i just wanted to be a slimmer and beautiful mummy. You can guess what he said next...."You already are beautiful mummy" - blimey did I well up then. And on that happy note we went and had a drink in the Cafe. We then did a bit more shopping in British Homestores. I bought a new teapot which I've wanted for ages, a birthday pressie for my FIL (which is in June), some delicious pot pourri, a table decoration and some bedding, which was all in the sale and a bargain! Dead chuffed with the teapot - I'll take a piccie tomorrow - altho I wished I'd bought the matching milk jug and sugar bowl now. May have to pop back tomorrow - eeek!

So that was the end of a very nice day. Not stressed - not aggressive - quite calm and very enjoyable. Let's hope tomorrow will be the same.

Jo x

p.s. Found nothing for the CJ entry on 1998. If anyone's got any ideas, please, please let me know. I'm getting desperate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shopping is always great therapy - hope you get the matching set!