Wednesday 30 January 2008

It's working!

We are finally up and running and I'm a happy bunny. After last nights fiasco I got hold of a number to ring (diverted to South Africa) and was immediately told the problem - I needed to add another connector to the cable which comes from the monitor. Sounds pretty simple really but there was nothing about it in the quick step instructions or the manual or their website! Now I know I'm not that ofay with computers but Paul is pretty good and even he couldn't get it working last night. Still, I'm relieved it's working and that it doesn't have to go back. It's super fast and I am pretty amazed. My old one is sitting here looking pretty outdated - and it is! Oh and the email I sent to HP.... well I got a reply 24 hours later and all it told me to do was go to the website and check out their troubleshooting tips. I'd like to say a very rude word to that, as they must think I'm really stupid as that was the first thing I did. I can tell you their survey will get a big fat minus ten for that!

Can't share any pics at the mo as I'm transfering stuff as I write. Hope to give you something tomorrow.

And finally, if you would like to help an adorable little girl, check this out, and read all about it here . It will bring a tear to your eye.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4LSmJE9S8

2 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

arh Jobe welcome to the world of VISTA - you'll never look back.

It's Thursday - yee haa but it's raining - not so good. I hope the garden stays water free and the pump works... the wind is pretty wicked today, Barney and I were soaked to the skin this morning !

can't wait for the weekend

K x

Unknown said...

Glad your finally up and running with your new computer.

Let's hope the weekend weather is better for us!