Tuesday 1 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's here.... 2008..... phew!




I had an wonderful Christmas with my family, despite the fact that leading up to it, I was really not in the mood and wanted to cancel, but I really did enjoy myself. Anyway it went really well with 7 of us for Christmas day and Paul cooked an amazing dinner. Jake had a everything he'd wished for and Santa came out tops and managed to find a Golden Coin Maker, which is all he really wanted. I bought Paul an electric guitar and he's chuffed to bits with it - can't play a thing and he had to rush out to Argos on Boxing day to buy a digital tuner, but he's happy and it will keep him off the t'internet which is the main thing.




So now we're in the New Year and I have to say I'm pretty relieved. What with a miserable summer in 2007 and the last three months being absolutely terrible, I'm determined to jump into this year with a lot more enthusiasm. We're thinking of moving in the spring but it means the house needs redecorating to bring it up to scratch. Paul hates decorating so muggins here will have to just get on with it.




We had the neighbours round yesterday for our annual get together. Being in the country we're a bit spread out and can go months without seeing them. It's nice to catch up the gossip of what's going on in the road tho - all be it the usual flooding and what we can do to alieviate it. After 20 years is seems there is nothing we can do but the men like to have indepth convo's about it. Anyway the neighbours had said how lovely we had furnished the house and how much better it was than with the previous owners. Got me thinking... do I really want to move? Not sure now but I'm still going to go ahead with the decorating. With a resession coming it would be stupid to move if the price isn't right. Plus Paul wants to get something we can do up and extend - that would be lots of mess and more decorating..... don't know if I could live like that again. Done that before. Oh well, just have to wait and see.




So my New Year Resolutions. I don't usually bother as I know they will fall by the wayside before the end of January, but I really must stick to something this year. Weight Watchers has called me to return and I have to go, for myself and Paul. Paul has expanded dramatically in the last month and looks like a little budha, and my muffing top just won't tuck into my jeans anymore! We have given ourselves till Easter to loose about 1 1/2 stone each - wish us luck! Being on WW will force me to eat properly and in turn will benefit my health - I so want to be healthy again (I'm still coughing like I'm on 60 fags a day). I'm also going to go for a bike ride twice a week. My BF has very kindly given me her old bike but I'd like a new one with better suspension. Paul won't let me have one till I use the one I have more often, so I'm going to prove to him that it's not a one hit wonder and I'm going to have a new one! Jake is back to school next week so the first trip is planned for Tues morning.




Scrapping wise I'm going to stop spending so much on stash and use up as much as I can. I had lots of wonderful crafty bits for Christmas and don't want to just put them in a box and get them out to stroke - I need to use them. And on that note, I'm off to do a few 12 x 6 lo's in a book for my MIL.




Happy New Year to you all! Promise to be more active on the bloggin.




Jo x




No comments: